POSITION SUMMARY: The Operator - Heavy Equipment is responsible for the safe operation of heavy equipment at a recycling center, landfill or transfer station for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner.
Call Jenny (855) 877-4829 to learn more about our opportunities!
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety standards.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in materials.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Two years of prior related experience in heavy equipment operation.
- One year of prior experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that follows. You are still welcome to call Jenny with any questions at (855) 877-4829.