Responsible for the routine maintenance of accounts receivable calculations and records, including cash receipts, claims, overdue invoices, interest charges, refunds, and related items. Maintains vendor compliance and acceptable customer service levels.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Computes and records interest charges, refunds and similar items and responsible for the accurate preparation of account statements.
- Performs basic data entry and general research of data within the department systems necessary to update and maintain account information. Supports customer requests for special billing services.
- Coordinates/follows up with service centers regarding missing COD checks and records and distributes COD checks to customers.
- Researches unapplied payments, notifies customers, records responses, and processes refund/application requests.
- Tracks and researches short payments from customers to determine need for rebilling or balance write off.
- Analyzes exceptions, reviews correspondence for follow-up and routes unresolved items to the appropriate departments.
- Verifies data entry of account information in multiple systems. Clears and matches account information.
- Performs clerical functions necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.