Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Under warehouse supervision, a utility worker is responsible for assisting with the physical maintenance of the warehouse facility and all MHE. They will be responsible for diagnosing maintenance issues, making repairs, ensuring that all service requests are executed in a timely manner, providing direction to their utility personnel, establish priorities, coordinating work projects, and maintaining all MHE equipment in good condition.
• $1,500 Sign-On Bonus
• 1st Shift: Days will be discuss later on
• Weekends, holidays, and overtime are required
• Paid Time Off
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Associate Referral Program
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, but are not limited to the following:
• Operates material handling equipment.
• Checks control panels and electrical identifying issues
• Inspects and troubleshoots equipment and systems (e.g. fire alarm)
• Assures that facility maintenance service requests and complaints are responded to promptly and effectively
• Collaborates with workers and other professionals during repairs and renovations
• Properly documents and maintains paperwork for work performed on the facility
• Maintains inventory of parts and spare equipment sufficient to meet the repair needs of the facility
• Keeps the warehouse facility in compliance with all state and federal safety regulations
• Maintain all MHE equipment compliant with OSHA and safety regulations
• Follows instructions for safely operating equipment
• Promotes a safe work environment
• Must be flexible and able to work any shift in support of business needs
• Other duties as assigned
• Escalates issues timely and directly to upper management
• No prior warehouse experience required but preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Ability to work independently, customer service, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, and time management skills required
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
• Complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines, or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.