Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
GXO Logistics provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies and we're always looking for top-level talent to keep our operations running smoothly. As the Senior Manager, Tax Accounting, you'll be responsible for the company's Global U.S. GAAP income tax accounting, reporting and tax return compliance. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide U.S. GAAP tax technical accounting to Tax and Finance teams
- Assist with tax accounting implications of transactions, tax planning projects, new ASU and pending accounting and tax legislations
- Assist in the tax team's contribution to merger and acquisition initiatives including modeling, diligence and integration matters
- Handle the global consolidated financial statement reporting of income taxes and separate legal entity reporting in accordance with ASC 740 and IAS 12; includes the FIN 18 intra-period calculation and determination of discreet items, on both a consolidated and separate legal entity basis, to ensure accuracy
- Assist in the U.S. federal and state, and non-U.S. income tax compliance; coordinate with Tax Counsel on planning strategies
- Ensure compliance with tax accounting SOX processes and controls, and maintain appropriate documentation
- Enhance and simplify global tax accounting processes to efficiently support tax planning and other finance functions
- Train, mentor, grow, inspire and evaluate your team to enhance their performance, development and work product; address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions
- Handle special projects as required
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience leading the U.S. GAAP income tax provisions for a multi-national company; technical knowledge of U.S. and international tax principles
- Solid knowledge of Longview Tax Provision and CorpTax software or equivalent; through knowledge of Oracle and HFM accounting software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; ability to create complex formulas in Excel
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation
- CPA certification
- Big Four public accounting experience
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources and develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Experience with SharePoint
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Availability to travel occasionally
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Solid attention to detail and follow-up skills with ability to identify and resolve problems
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.