Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Works independently performing maintenance and repairs on automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) equipment in a cold storage warehouse environment.
1. Performs advanced preventive maintenance, corrective repairs, modular overhauls, and troubleshooting on ASRS pallet handling equipment: high bay cranes, low bay cranes, trolleys, conveyors, elevators, turntables, stretch film wrappers, etc.
2. Proficient with preventive maintenance, corrective repairs, and troubleshooting on 3-phase electrical systems.
3. Proficient with corrective repairs and troubleshooting on variable frequency drives (VFDs) and servo drives.
4. Proficient with industrial machine Ethernet networking.
5. Proficient with electrical wiring of equipment and system control panels.
6. Proficient working with and troubleshooting PLC systems. Experience programming PLC systems preferred. Experience with Allen-Bradley and Siemens preferred.
7. Program and configure barcode scanners, print and apply label systems, light curtains, etc.
8. Experienced with change management methodology related to programming system controls.
9. Understanding of safety devices (i.e., light curtains, door locks, safety relays).
10. Proficient with sensors and devices (i.e., photoeyes, proximity sensors, limit switches).
11. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
12. Answer after hours "call backs" as needed.
13. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
14. Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5+ years maintenance experience on ASRS systems or equivalent preferred.
• Understands principles of lubrication, power transmission (i.e., sprockets, chains, belts, drives, clutches), hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Understands electrical safety including arc flash.
• Knowledge of 3-phase electrical systems.
• Experience using Lockout Tagout (LOTO) procedures and devices.
• Experience using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS). Knowledge of SAP PM preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT Responder training is a plus.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of -15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.