The Account Executive is responsible for selling and matching YLA solutions for local accounts within an assigned territory and/or maintaining and expanding service offering within existing accounts. This position is located in a branch office of the International division and works with the branch sales and support teams for achieving revenue generation, account management and customer satisfaction goals
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- New business development :
- Develop new business opportunities through research, prospecting and qualifying new opportunities. This will include customer visits & developing relationships within the defined geographical area or market.
- Increase market share within assigned territory and achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue and profit.
- Prepare and present proposals, m ake recommendations for new services, extensions, or enhancements and overcome objections to closure.
- Handle sales leads from international offices. Send sales leads to overseas offices as appropriate.
- Successfully close new business and onboard new clients.
- Expected to meet Sales Targets assigned by management.
- Maintain and develop existing accounts :
- Increase market share within existing customer base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Resolve sales or delivery issues.
- Work with customers on service proposals, rate quotations, air/ocean transportation schedules for new destinations. Manage ad hoc pricing requests.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs regarding export regulations, methods of loading, crating, handling freight and special equipment availability. Ensure full understanding of such requirements and service offering.
- Coordinate and liaise with YLA branch operations and customers:
- May coordinate shipments with shippers, operations, trucker and carriers, on behalf of the
- Coordinate with the credit department to establish lines of credit for new accounts and
- Provide reports on rates, use of carriers, major operational problems.
- May assist, communicate and follow-up with other U.S. and foreign offices regarding targeted or joint customers.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all branch operations departments.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the Yusen brand and value proposition.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related logistics field plus five or more years' related experience in freight forwarding, International Operations, logistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer interaction - customer centric
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Persuasive and influential
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.