Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Group Leader - Process Design and Development Role:
Lead both projects and a team of professionals working on different projects with responsibility from definition of project thru execution and completion that maximize the profitability of The Timken Company. This position is necessary to enhance, sustain and implement new and advanced heat treat, machining, finishing, and assembly processes for bearing components and assemblies.
Perform engineering work to take leadership role in developing/implementing cost effective improved manufacturing processes via a clear understanding of current engineering practices at Timken and work towards merging this with future technologies.
Responsibilities of the Group Leader - Process Design and Development:
- Develop and utilize knowledge of Bearing Manufacturing Processes including Heat Treatment, Hard Turning, Grinding, Super finishing, and Assembly of bearings and/or similar components. Provide technical & strategy recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global B&PT business.
- Provide technical leadership, support & problem-solving through process development, process modeling, and data analysis methodology including capability study analysis.
- Technically lead and support capital investment efforts that include project leadership, specification/selection of new assets, compliance to purchase requirements, implementation into the plants site, and delivery of a total process technology package to the plants. Development of Appropriation Requisitions (ARs) including basic business case analysis, cost tracking & forecasting of spending, and timely completion of projects within budget.
- Effectively utilize project management skills for key projects including project and resource planning and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- Manufacturing liaison work with B&PT Design/Application Engineers to lead & develop cost effective manufacturing recommendations & solutions. Work with Supply Chain teams to access outsourcing capabilities and lead supplier technical development as required.
- Develop manufacturing plant implementation plans for newly developed bearing manufacturing processes working with Advance Process Technology Teams at the Technology Center as appropriate.
- Develop the team by creating an environment in which a team-oriented workforce can thrive. This includes coaching, training and applying the team operating practices.
- Coach individuals to reach personal goals and grow in their career. Provide opportunities for growth in scope and responsibility.
- Provide weekly reports for performance measures and actual progress toward business plan goals. Provide periodic updates to management on achievement of business plans.
Technical and Functional Skills of the Group Leader Process Design and Devlopment:
- Strong data analysis with statistical knowledge, process modeling, and good computer skills.
- Demonstrate project leadership skills on equipment / process implementation projects, preferably with a global project team.
- Basic financial analysis skills.
- Project management capabilities with good communication skills. Ability to drive timely completion of projects.
- Proficient knowledge of heat treat, finishing (e.g. grind, super finishing, hard turning) and assembly processes for bearings.
- Fundamental understanding of global B&PT business strategy.
- Training and experience in Lean Manufacturing & 6-sigma problem solving.
- Manage project budgets and monitor spending.
Minimum Qualifications of the Group Leader Process Design and Development:
Bachelor's Degree in manufacturing, engineering, or related field with 5 years of related experience.
Preferred Qualifications of the Group Leader Process Design and Development:
Master's Degree in manufacturing, engineering, MBA or related field with 10 years of related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.