Provide customer service by responding to inquiries regarding product selection, services and issues. Associates will be responsible for knowledge on 20,000 products and 3 catalogues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Responds to customer order and quotation requests received via the telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence within the department service goals. Resolves customer issues including issuance of credit concessions.
- Performs necessary follow-up to ensure customer service expectations are met. Builds relationships if assigned a specific customer base.
- Facilitates profitable growth and the sales process by adherence to department incentive and initiative programs.
- Researches and suggests alternative products to customers. Provides representation of products, increasing sales wherever appropriate or as requested.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Utilizes in-depth product knowledge to answer more specialized product calls. May be responsible for outbound calls to vendors.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Understands and supports compliance issues if required for assigned customer base.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.