Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
As the Technical Writer, you will develop documentation, end-user manuals, reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, specifications, client notifications and presentations. Become a part of our dynamic team, and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop documentation including end-user manuals and related documentation, technical documentation, reports, correspondence, specifications, client notifications and presentations
- Publish accurate and thorough documentation for warehouse processes and systems used to manage the flow of product, including the Warehouse Management System
- Proofread and edit material for grammar, usage, organization, style, coherence, logic, etc.
- Provide design support including templates, layout suggestions and fine-tuning documents
- Create and release documents including the coordination of internal resources, printers and other subcontractors; follow procedures for publicizing documentation including appropriate approvals, storage methods, etc.
- Develop and create original content for operational areas that are highly unique to the business and customer
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure technical documents are through and precise
- Organize, track, update and store electronic and hard copy versions of documentation in a secure environment; provide access to and update information for the same
- Develop graphic content for process flows; develop help guides for using the warehouse management system
- Maintain an active understanding of major applications utilized in technical writing such as word processors, spreadsheets, page layout programs, graphics software, charting software, web development software and other related software (Visio, MS Project, etc.)
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of writing experience in a formal technical writing curriculum with report writing requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and technical writing software (word processing, page layout, etc.)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in technical communication
- 2 years of on-the-job writing experience or comparable preparation in a formal technical writing curriculum with report writing requirements
- Understanding of warehouse management software programs; familiarity with operational business processes
- Expertise with grammar, business and technical styles of writing
- Understanding of current information systems technologies
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Visio, Project, Word, Excel and Outlook) and technical writing software (word processing, flow charts, page layout, etc.)
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment and harmonize with diverse personalities
- Ability to work with and understand engineers, developers and others whose work is the basis for technical documentation
- Familiarity with the content or aptitude for quickly learning the content
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.