Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Provide engineering expertise, project management, machine reliability planning, and leadership to the plant which focuses on developing and/or modifying plant production processes, production equipment, tooling, gauging, and in-process product designs for the purposes of maximizing production capacity, minimizing manufacturing costs, continuous improvement, improving customer delivery, improving product quality, and/or eliminating safety concerns.
- Process and equipment design-design, implement, and document mechanical modifications to plant manufacturing processes and the associated production equipment which maximize production capacity, minimize manufacturing costs, improve product quality, and/or eliminate safety concerns.
- Project management-Act as project manager for several major capitol equipment programs for the plant (up to $5M). This would include writing equipment specifications, selecting suppliers, negotiating, following equipment build, running off equipment, coordinating installation, de-bugging and coordinating operator training.
- Machine Reliability- Develop and implement machine reliability systems and processes and processes that are second to none in the industry. Implement proactive maintenance systems to minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Engineering Expertise- Provide engineering expertise to maintenance associates in diagnosing equipment failures and corrective actions to reduce equipment downtime and to maximize production efficiency.
- 3 years plant manufacturing experience
- Proficiency with computers (word/excel) and CAD based design packages
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good team skills and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Mechanical, Electrical, Tooling and/or Product design, Project Management Experience
Minimum- Bachelor of Engineering
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.