Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to delivery on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Working primarily with JDA/RedPrairie platforms, the Software Developer designs software, transforms user needs and functional designs/specifications into technical system designs, develops/codes the solution, performs unit testing, and debugs and maintains programs/code throughout the various stages of development from proof of concept prototypes to functional software. Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part. Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies.
- DESIGN: Works closely with Functional/Systems Analyst to develop and document technical designs from functional requirements/specifications, considering architectural, as well as programmatic aspects of the agreed-upon solution. Prepares and validates time estimates for program modifications, enhancements, new application software, or any other technology requirements. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software design
- DEVELOPMENT: Develops software programs based on approved design. Writes new programs or creates modifications to existing applications as necessary based on project requirements. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software coding, documentation, and code management.
- TESTING: Creates test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing. Performs testing as required & documents results. Follows appropriate internal processes, as well as established industry standards for software testing
- IMPLEMENTATION: Follows appropriate change management and implementation procedures. Ensures that appropriate technical and functional documentation is prepared
- SUPPORT: Primarily supports integration applications. Shares responsibility for Call Center support. Provides on-call or after hours support to new applications after implementation
What Experience You Need
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 7+ years of relevant programming experience
- Relevant programming experience required.
- Expertise in JDA /RedPrairie platforms/languages, MOCA, Java, C is required.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux OS is strongly preferred
What Could Set You Apart
- Knowledge of transportation and warehouse industries
- Jasper Report knowledge is preferred
- Experience in .Net and PL/SQL preferred
- Experience in iSeries development a benefit
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.