Outside Sales Executive- Hybrid Remote
Base $85,000-100,000 & Commission 30% of gross profit
JET International Logistics is a subsidiary company of J&T Group, one of the most rapid-growing logistics companies in multiple nations. With more than 800,000 employees globally, J&T Group actively expands its business which covers Asia, Europe, America and Africa, a total of 53 countries and territories. As a subsidiary of J&T, JET International Logistics focuses on the International Global Logistics business. We have two office sites in the USA as well as two warehouse facilities in LA, which include a bonded warehouse. We operate our charter flights flying from China to the East and West Coast of U.S., and to multi-countries in Europe, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. We currently have a significant volume in our ocean transportation operations.
The Outside Sales Executive is responsible for revenue and profit growth required to maintain JET International Logistics goals and initiatives. This position requires client acquisition, penetration, development, and retention.
Summary: Sell and promote Jet International Logistics services while maintaining and managing new account base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain new business in the Market, while strengthening existing customer relationships.
- Ability to successfully close business transactions and achieve sales goals.
- Develop a database of qualified leads by contacting the decision maker, through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face, cold calling, via direct mail, email, and networking.
- Demonstrates technical and consultive selling skills and service knowledge in all areas listed above that allows Outside Sales Executives to give effective presentations.
- Selling consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of various company's and offer solutions to business issues.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, and effectively create solutions to their problems.
- Maintain accurate pipeline records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, with the use of Microsoft Office products to conduct professional business information.
- Possesses a positive "can do" attitude while generating a compelling vision for their sales region. The Outside Sales Executive accepts ownership of their actions, activities, personal development, and results.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace. Comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others, in adhering to safe work procedures. Co-operate with management in its fulfilment of its legislative obligations.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Must be self-motivated and possess consultive selling techniques, excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written skills,
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior Industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding) is a MUST
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree or GED, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years' transportation, logistics, or freight forwarding sales experience with a proven background of prospecting and closing sales.
- Ability of consultive selling a diverse suite of domestic and international products including Export/Import Air Freight/Ocean Freight, FTL, LTL, Fulfillment, etc.
- Have a valid driver's license and own or lease a presentable fully maintained and insured vehicle for business use.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
JET International Logistics is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, religion, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate our employees' differences because we know that diversity makes us stronger.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off.
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401k Plan
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics: 5 years (Required)
- Freight: 4 years (Required)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670