Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
Provide the engineering and project management experience necessary to coordinate and implement projects that are large in scope. Will develop technologies while supporting plant production, quality control, maintenance and continuous improvement.
1. Provide solutions to daily engineering related problems in the areas of production, quality control and Continuous Improvement.
2. Design new machinery or devices to fill the void where no existing device, or a price-competitive nature, is available. Also, modify or redesign existing equipment to perform similar but unique (different) production functions.
3. Seek out contractors and suppliers to provide new, more innovative, and cost-effective solutions to old as well as new problem areas. Manage the work being done by those suppliers as new and existing technology is implemented. Convert supplier drawings and product information, and introduce this data into all Timken databases.
4. Manage multiple projects that involve the delegation of assignments to other engineers, analysts, hourly associates and contractors while implementing new technologies to the Bucyrus Bearing Plant. Initiate and control the capital and expense spending for the projects.
5. Assist Process Development personnel with Bucyrus related, but Development directed projects. This support can be as minor as being the liaison between Bucyrus and Development personnel, to engineering design assistance, to drafting of prints and/or directing the project installation.
6. Define and justify Continuous Improvement projects in all areas of production. Work with associates from Production areas to implement ideas. Will have direct control of projects to be installed on plant equipment. The position will be required to develop ideas that contribute to cost reduction at the plant.
Technical Skill and Education
- Preferred BACHELOR of Manfucaturing of Engineering and or Masters of Engineering,
- Preferred 3-5 years experience in manufacturing setting, must have good project management skills as well as able to lead and train other engineers, analysts and hourly people, an in-depth knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, gauging, controls and mechanical or electrical engineering design principles is essential, and good communication skill (oral and written) is a necessity.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.