EXPORT FCL CUSTOMER SERVICE
- $55K-60K based on experience
- Health, Dental, Vision and 401K
POSITION TYPE: NON-EXEMPT
Provides ocean export quotations, follow up and bookings including inland/pick up rates; track and trace shipments, problem resolution and direct customer communication along with general office operations whenever needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to phone, e-mail, or faxed rate or booking requests from clients, agents or outside sales representatives.
- Proactive track and tracing of shipments/containers.
- Schedule cargo pick up within North America with brokers or common carriers for delivery into designated terminals.
- Secure cargo bookings, all coordination of FCL containers as far as securing better rates from trucking vendors, obtaining for bullet rates from carriers; making bookings with the ocean carriers, ensuring all correct information is sent to clients; working on problem resolution for clients and overseas offices; obtaining hazardous approval from carriers; requesting DAP/DDP's from overseas offices and carriers.
- Meet with carriers in order to improve their services to us.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individual should be able to:
- Manage difficult customer situations.
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service and pricing.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance professionally.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listen and gets clarification.
- Respond well to questions.
- Write clearly and informatively.
- Present numerical data effectively.
- Read and interpret written information.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities effectively.
- Give and welcome feedback.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Support organization's goals and values.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
Other competencies may be required according to assignments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior Industry Experience not required, but a plus
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
No VISA Sponsorship