Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides technical expertise at the corporate level to support the design and implementation of bearing manufacturing processes for new and existing Timken facilities around the world.
The individual holding this position will provide controls and occasionally design support for a variety manufacturing processes and assets including heat treatment, finish grinding, automation, and end-of-line processing such as assembly, laser scanning, packing, etc. This individual will also help drive Industry 4.0 projects through machine connectivity and PLC programming.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - assists with implementation for Timken's business growth initiatives and technology upgrades to existing equipment and delivery of total cost-competitive processes. This includes: project support, process design/documentation, asset acceptance/startup/training and creation/tracking of appropriation requisitions (ARs).
- MACHINE ELECTRICAL DESIGN - designs and builds new equipment. Rebuild existing equipment. Review electrical drawings and machine specs and work with external and internal vendors to meet requirements.
- MACHINE CONNECTIVITY - attach new and legacy machine controllers to over wired and wireless networks to allow machine to machine communication and other Industry 4.0 projects.
- STANDARDS/PROCEDURES - adheres to plant standards, technical instructions and procedures ensuring that all process activities are in alignment with corporate requirements.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - utilizes appropriate tools/methodologies to plan resources and ensure timely completion.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - provides technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
- TECHNOLOGY DEPLOYMENT - assists in the development of implementation plans for newly-developed processes working with our Manufacturing, Quality Advancement, Process Technology, and Global Material Quality and Product Design &
- TRAVEL - international and/or domestic travel up to 25% required to support process start-up.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Demonstrated project support/on hands troubleshooting
- Machine Control System Hardware/Software Design - Rockwell Studio 5000, FactoryTalk ViewME, FactoryTalk View Studio, Siemens TIA Portal, Mitsubishi PLC, GE Fanuc and CNC Controllers
- SCADA and Shop Floor Information Systems Integration
- Industry 4.0 experience
- Manufacturing plant experience
- Effective communication skills
- Read electrical schematics.
- Make fact-based recommendations for technical applications
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with national / international machine electrical standards (UL, NEC, CE)
- AUTOCAD Electrical
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) experience
Technical/Functional Skills Desired
- Telit Devicewise
- OPC UA, Historian
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Technology and 5 or more years in controls design/implementation/maintenance
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.