Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position provides analytic and costing to support to our global SAP plants. This involves standard cost analysis, detail SAP costing process understanding and related analytics, involvement with costing BPO on key system changes and new site implementations, and assistance in the annual global standard costing update.
- Analyze existing standard costs and variances, determine drivers of variances and deviations to standards, and provide standards changes to controllers and management for review.
- Assist in annual global costing activities including consolidation and analysis of global costing, identification and correction of costing errors/standards, and preparation of standards change walks and presentation to upper management.
- Assist in overall testing and maintenance of costing functionality in SAP including testing and validation of proposed system changes and recommendations for costing enhancements.
- Assist in analysis, development, and testing of standard cost for new SAP sites including setting cost center rates, overall cost center structure, and final standard cost setting.
- Deliver SAP costing training to new SAP sites, and new operations analysts and controllers
- Enforcement of costing polices and controls and related SOX audit documentation
- Provide other ad hoc reporting and financial analysis as necessary to support the organization
- Strong analytical thinking for variance and root cause analyses
- Proven SAP and Business Intelligence data skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Effective communication and team skills
- Prior cost accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (or related) and 4 years' accounting or finance experience, or
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance (or related) and 1 year's accounting or finance experience.
- Cost accounting experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.