Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides controls and machine connectivity leadership for our bearing manufacturing facilities around the world. The individual holding this position will provide controls and occasionally design develop, test and implement best in class controls solutions for a wide variety of bearing manufacturing processes and equipment. Bearing manufacturing processes in scope may include heat treatment, hard turning, grinding, superfinishing, material handling, and assembly. This individual will also drive Industry 4.0 projects by leading machine connectivity solution development and implementation.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - support Timken's manufacturing footprint growth initiatives and upgrades to existing equipment. This includes: workstream leadership, project budgeting, process design/documentation, and asset implementation.
- MACHINE ELECTRICAL DESIGN - develops control specifications for new or existing equipment (upgrades).
- MACHINE CONNECTIVITY (INDUSTRY 4.0) - develop machine connectivity solutions for new and older machine controllers for both wired and wireless networks.
- STANDARDS/PROCEDURES - develop technical instructions and procedures to ensure manufacturing processes align with corporate requirements.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - utilizes appropriate tools/methodologies to plan project resources, timelines and steps.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - provides technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
- TECHNOLOGY DEPLOYMENT - work within cross functional teams (corporate and plant process experts, Quality, R&D) to plan and deploy manufacturing equipment and process into global manufacturing sites.
- TRAVEL - international and/or domestic travel up to 25% required to support process start-up.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Demonstrated project success
- Hands on manufacturing experience
- Machine control system hardware/software design - Rockwell Studio 5000, FactoryTalk View ME, FactoryTalk View Studio, Siemens TIA Portal, Mitsubishi PLC, GE Fanuc and CNC Controllers
- SCADA and shop floor information systems integration
- Industry 4.0 technologies and solutions
- Effective communication skills
- Read electrical schematics
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with national / international machine electrical standards (UL, NEC, CE)
- AUTOCAD Electrical
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) experience
Technical/Functional Skills Desired
- Ignition/Telit Devicewise
- MES experience a plus
- OPC UA, Historian
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Technology and 5 or more years in controls design/implementation/maintenance
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.