Business Development Manager
"Global Reach with a personal touch", that's the foundation on which four partners (and long-time friends) agreed to when they started Green Worldwide Shipping back in 2008. This ethos has allowed Green to Grow to a 200+ strong team with 15 offices across the US and growing.
At green we are a family of innovative problem-solvers who communicate freely to present creative solutions in an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. We are dedicated to customer service, passionate about logistics, and committed to sustainable growth while inspiring others.
Why this role is special
Green Worldwide Shipping is building a world-class team of sales professionals and seeks an experienced Business Development Manager to generate revenue by attracting international shipping clients in the Dallas Metropolitan area. Reporting to the Dallas office; this individual would oversee building and maintaining relationships with importers and exporters by initiating services, communicating their shipping needs to the operations staff and following up to make sure their needs are being satisfied. If you know forwarding, thrive on problem-solving and love building strong customer relationships we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity with our company.
How you will be successful:
- Identify and initiate contact with potential clients
- Negotiate rates and offer attractive packages to the new clients to obtain their business
- Attend to detail and delegate effectively
- Communicate clear operating procedures to operations staff
- Sell all services to current customers
- Assist in establishing activities that will help target new business
- Drive both revenue and margin growth across multiple verticals and modes
- Stay current on market trends to be able to counsel clients with sound advice
- Document daily progression on a CRM
What you will bring:
- 3+ Years of experience in shipping and transportation sales
- Established relationships with shipping and transportation vendors
- A track record demonstrating an ability to develop and grow a customer base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the shipping industry and opportunities to negotiate favorable terms
- Traveling required within the assigned sales region
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working individually
- Passion for problem-solving and providing excellent customer service
- BA/BS degree preferred
Green Worldwide Shipping, LLC (Green) is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Green will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact Faye Hughes, Head of People and Culture.
Green is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.