Outside Repair Coordinator(Job Number: 2224151)
A Penske Outside Repair Coordinator manages repairs sent from a Penske facility to an outside vendor. This position has frequent vendor and shop contact. An ORC ensures units are transported to and from outside repair facilities, obtains estimates and invoices for repairs, and documents pertinent information in internal systems.
The shift for this position is xxxxxxx, but may be subject to change based on business needs.
Using multiple systems while interacting with vendors and Penske shops, this position will perform some or all of the following:
- Ensuring timely repair appointment scheduling & follow-up with vendors and shops and provide daily status update at unit level to the locations
- Setup and coordination of unit transportation to vendor and back to Penske (hike/tow)
- Strong attention to detail when building repair orders in ServiceNet to accurately reflect jobs in process (requires knowledge of job component codes) and accurately update of parts and labor costs at a job level
- Full review of labor times, labor rates and parts costs for all repair orders under $1,000. Verify and discuss any exception items on invoices with vendors (requires basic technical knowledge of truck repairs)
- Escalation of all repair orders greater than $1,000 to Major Repair Specialist
- Upload of all relative repair images (estimates, invoices and communications with vendors)
- Timely follow-up on vehicle status and any escalations for repair approvals
- Reconcile invoice to estimate pricing and review of the Repair Order in ServiceNet
- Providing financial support and decision-making to field operations through resolution of related PEMS suspends and payment of outside repairs through Pcard
- Other projects as assigned
- 5 years of customer service experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to learn necessary general knowledge of trucks and components in order to interface with customers regarding maintenance issues.
- College graduate preferred due to the systems used in daily process (AS/400, ServiceNet, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access).
- Requires strong ability to multitask between different Penske systems to provide all necessary information and to answer all customer inquiries.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours if required depending on locations serviced.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.