Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Responsible for preconstruction efforts that support Construction and Deployment cost and scheduling for new build and expansion projects. Responsible for managing all projects that are in the Due Diligence and Entitlement phase of the project Life Cycle, providing construction strategy, civil engineering management, logistics, risk outlays and other inputs to the initial execution strategy.
• Perform Preconstruction Planning including action items and defining stakeholders such as Community contacts, Utilites, General Contractors, etc.
• Coordinate with Project Teams in design, procurement, business development, program management, engineering, automation integration, and construction to support Project Schedule Integrating Design, Procurement and Construction activities
• Contribute cost and scheduing informatoin for the Investment Memo that is submitted to the Executive Steering Committee and Board of Directors.
• Expected travel up to 50%; expenses paid by the company
What Experience You Need
• Bachelor Degree in construction, engineering or technology
• At least 15 years' experience in a large construction management role for industrial buildings
• Knowledge of the terms of the Construction Contracts and documents, including drawings (civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and systems), specifications, addenda, change documents, and any other pertinent documents
What Could Set You Apart
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering plus a strong business and technical aptitude
• Familiarity with automated warehousing facilities and major GC/construction companies and AC/automation contractors - OEM and integrators
• Demonstrates public speaking skills, professionalism and effectively handles stressful situations (resolving conflicts and meeting deadlines)
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.