Are you interested in becoming a DISPATCHER? Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
Our dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is exactly why our employees say this is the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Manages filed service to provide quality customer transportation services.
Our Dispatchers Will Enjoy:
- $18.00/ HR
- Team-oriented Environment
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
Our Dispatchers are responsible for:
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Provides customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips.
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service
To qualify as a Dispatcher, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering- That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.