This individual will be involved in all projects with system interaction to provide technical guidance to the project managers, optimizing time spent on projects. They will also provide real world testing data from our equipment's systems as they are designed today and also as the Project Manager assists to optimize system operation. As an Engineering SME, they will provide guidance to the maintenance organization in regards to equipment spec'ing, root cause analysis, and system failure pattern recognition.
• Datalogging and Testing Current Equipment's Systems Performance
• Datalogging and Testing Future Equipment's Systems Performance
• Assist Uptime Project Manager in Evaluations
• Develop New Automotive and Truck System Concepts, Methodologies, and Standards (Including TMC and SAE Involvement)
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associate's Degree in Engineering required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Professional Engineer Certifications preferrred
• Minimum 4 years of automotive or truck industry experience required
• Minimum 2 years engineering experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge
• Critical and adaptive thinking
• Strategic time management
• Concept to hands on application
• Technical Writing
• Technical Data Processing
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Industry Connectivity
• Customer Connectivity
• Complex System Simplification
• Analysis of Complex Systems
• Data Driven Decision Making
• Innovative Problem Solving
• Microsoft Office
• Remote Datalogging
• AutoCAD Software
• Solidworks Software
• Python Language (Datalogging Focused)
• CAN Communication Protocol
• RS232 Communication Protocol
• Bluetooth Communication Protocol
• LIN Communication Protocol
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.