Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
You have a passion for logistics, and you know how to keep things moving and operations running smoothly. As the Warehouse General Manager, you'll be responsible for the efficient operation of the warehouse, including order fulfillment, shipping/receiving and inventory control activities. In this role, you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide outstanding solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Oversee operational and personnel activities in the facility and ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the site
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff effectively, consulting with the HR team as needed
- Maintain work schedules and work assignments
- Ensure time and attendance is properly maintained, monitored and approved in a timely manner
- Ensure efficient utilization of all equipment and the coordination of maintenance needs
- Maintain and model the 7S Workplace Organization standard; ensure all safety procedures and policies are followed
- Partner with staff to manage and always maintain appropriate stock
- Ensure compliance with specified contract metrics
- Maintain high standards of operational efficiency
- Ensure quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups
- Focus on productivity, quality and safety requirements in accordance with company needs and customer requirements
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 5 years of experience in a supply chain, warehousing or distribution environment
- 5 years managerial/supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, including developing and/or managing a P&L; experience with HR practices
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.