The Senior Software Engineer is an experienced software developer with a proven track record of contributing to the next generation Digital Experience Platform. A key areas of expertise is designing user focused experiences. The Senior Software Engineer designs and builds Microservices. They develop full-stack web applications using modern software frameworks and technologies. The Senior Software Engineer has a strong understanding of microservice architecture , horizontal scaling, event driven systems, cloud native design patterns, and experience working with public facing systems. Culturally, they are driven to learn and excited by applying new technologies in support of a growing, dynamic multinational business.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, refinement of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, scalability analysis, performance analysis.
- Analyze existing code to understand performance impact and propose solutions.
- Develop microservices that support high availability, high scalability, and parallel processing using design patterns while following industry best practices and standards.
- Working with testers and the DevOps team to define and develop innovative end-to-end automated testing and deployment solutions.
- Design and develop microservices using REST principles and keep security and quality as core focus during development.
- Developing high quality extensible and reusable code solutions with microservice-based architecture components including RESTful APIs, gateways, messaging systems and containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Collaborates effectively with peer team members to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas.
- Interface with Business, IT management, project managers, technical leads, developers, and customers as needed.
- Work with Relational and NoSQL databases, including SQL Server with moderate to advanced knowledge of T-SQL.
- Participates in all Agile ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, SCRUM, and Retrospectives.
- Ability to write quality unit and end-to-end tests, debug and optimize existing and new code Certifications.
- Enterprise service bus expererience as a developer, including publish and subscribe integrations.
- Deeply understand customer pain points (including spending time to research and validate), develop creative solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently.
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of software architecture and development experience with strong hands-on skills, expert level understanding of architecture and design patterns with a solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming.
- 4+ years of experience with microservice architecture and building microservices with C#, preferably Microsoft .Net Core 3.1 and/or .NET 5+ for synchronous and asynchronous communications between components
- 4+ years of experience providing end-to-end integration solutions development for enterprise software or hosted services.
- 4+ years of experience in implementing enterprise projects as a lead architect covering technical and architectural assessments, services, analytics, security, testing and deployment
- Expertise in .NET technologies, REST services and client-side integration via JSON for interfacing and building required services (APIs) to communicate with existing product suite
- Advanced skills in enterprise data-driven solutions dependent on external content through REST services, push notifications.
- Advanced skills in both relational (SQL Server) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis) databases, in-memory caching and optimization.
- Expertise in avoiding common problems of dynamic application load using established techniques such as caching, API design, resource scaling and asynchronous communication patterns.
- Expertise in pub/sub data delivery models and principles, message bus and ESB technologies
- Expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working with Microservices with Docker/Containers/Kubernetes Service preferred
- Experience with using development tools, including Azure DevOps, GitHub, and Jenkins.
- Experience in understanding business requirements and translating them to functional/technical requirements.
- Experience in UML concepts and Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and TDD a plus
- Very good soft skills, teamwork, and adaptability to challenges, ability to act in a proactive and consultative manner
- Familiarity with the creation and use of NuGet packages, CI/CD Artifacts, and other approaches to simplify and reuse software.
- Designs applications with simple and well understood dependencies suitable for deployment in a CI/CD environment (Dockers and Kubernetes).
- Commitment to code quality as demonstrated by the practice of test-driven development, the creation of unit test cases and active participation in code reviews.
- Experienced with technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Advanced interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills.
- Complex thinking, analysis, and decision making skills.
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.