Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
To design and develop processes and technologies, with a focus on manufacturing automation and robotics, to support existing manufacturing facilities and new plant start-ups around the world. This role will also provide analysis and assistance for other corporate initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - Develop deployment plans for newly developed processes in conjunction with Advance Process Technology teams and Manufacturing as needed.
- TECHNICAL STRATEGY - Develop and propose tactics in support of overall global manufacturing strategy.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Develop and implement investment proposals to support Timken's business initiatives. This includes business case development, submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's), forecasting expenditure, cost tracking and timely completion of projects within the approved budget.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT -Selecttechnology for new processes or equipment upgrades, guide system development / installation and deliver total process documentation to the plants.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Work collaboratively using project management tools for key projects including resource planning, milestones, and budgets, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- MANUFACTURING CI - Recommend continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Analyze / benchmark alternatives and conduct cost comparisons. Work with manufacturing plant identify opportunities and provide recommendations.
- TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP- Knowledgeable in automated assembly, robotic handling, vision based detection/measurement and process control. Provide escalation support for other facilities in design and technical specification for system integration. Make technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Maintain strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required and averages 25% of the time throughout the year.
- Experience with Data Analysis tools (JMP, MATLAB, SQL)
- Experience leveraging Project Management capabilities and demonstrated ability to drive timely completion of projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced engineering and analytical ability, including root cause problem solving, capability studies, process modeling, cost estimation, CAD
- Ability to transfer engineering and process knowledge into practical shop floor implementation plans.
- General knowledge of mechanical and bearing industries preferred.
- Broad based understanding of manufacturing operations including quality systems/requirements, shop floor information systems, lean, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and adequate understanding of process assembly, inspection, metrology, electrical / machine controls, automation, tool design
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years experience or Master's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing or process development.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.