A Penske Refrigeration Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit maintenance equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
Shift: Flexible, may include some weekends.
• Perform all levels of maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit such as Carrier and/or Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
• Be able to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment
• Read complex schematics associated with the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Provide additional support regarding preventative maintenance and tractor trailer maintenance as required by location management
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 6 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the overhaul of refrigeration components required
• ASE Certification preferred
• 608/609 certifications preferred
• Proficiency in the use of all necessary tools of trade required
• Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
• Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment is required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
When you join Penske, you're joining a team that cares about doing its best. At each location, there's a strong sense of teamwork. We're all working together to move our customers forward. That's true for the 11,000 vehicle repair associates who are working at hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.