Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Process Engineer provides the technical documentation our manufacturing team needs to produce some of the world's most precise bearings correctly and efficiently. Typical documentation created by Process Engineer includes Routings, Bills of Material, Standard Work, etc.
- Ensure activities and actions associated with routing of parts through the shop floor are addressed and completed in a timely manner
- Translate Timken print requirements into plant specific requirements for understanding on the shop floor
- Verify process tolerances are attainable and adequate to achieve print tolerances
- Ensure all customer expectations are met through MRR process
- Ensure that relevant paperwork is understandable and easily followed
- Develop supporting data to ensure parts meet customer requirements
- Lead implementation of change throughout the shop.
- Develop innovative strategies for reducing cost and lead time associated with manufacturing.
- Be the liaison between groups during the change management process
- Implement lean initiatives where applicable
- Work with other engineers and provide input on capital investment opportunities during business planning.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to ensure parts are properly designed to achieve optimal flow through the shop.
- Continuously improve and document Process Engineering standards and rule sets.
- Participate in the automation of process sheet generation wherever possible to ensure standardization and efficiency.
- Improve standard work to add to flexibility and cross training within the department
- High level of motivation and ability to work alone or in teams
- Good computer skills necessary, including using word processing, spreadsheet and database software programs
- Familiarity with manufacturing documentation
- Ability to read and interpret prints
- CAD/CAM experience
- ERP/MRP experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical , Industrial or other engineering degree.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.