Chewy is currently recruiting for a Facilities and Maintenance Tech III, Night Shift at our fulfillment center in Ocala, FL. This position is responsible for Preventative Maintenance of the facility conveyance system, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining warehouse equipment, rack repair & changes, working at heights, performing battery changes, housekeeping, plumbing, metal fabrication and carpentry.
What you'll do:
- Ensure that all equipment is operating properly and safely.
- Perform periodic and general maintenance tasks throughout the facility as assigned and according to schedule.
- Perform inspections of conveyor systems, air systems, shipping, packing equipment and building systems.
- Daily tasks may include: plumbing, painting, rack repair, cleaning, general carpentry skills and metal fabrication.
- Change batteries and repair batteries and chargers as needed.
- Ability to problems solve and troubleshoot various conveyor and packaging systems.
- Complete repair orders and parts usage records.
- Work in various seasonal climates.
- Follow company policies and safety procedures.
- Ensure a safe work environment.
What you'll need:
- 3- 5 years technical experience in Distribution or Manufacturing environment
- 480/3 phase electrical experience
- Low voltage AC/DC experience
- Experience with building systems such as fire suppression, air compressors, power distribution
- Understanding of PLCs and ladder logic
- Standard I/O device knowledge
- Conveyor experience preferred
- Mechanical experience
- Powered industrial truck experience preferred
- Windows/ PC experience
- HVAC knowledge
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics experience
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Ability to work nights, weekends and overtime
To protect the health and safety of our Team Members, Chewy is requiring everyone at our Facilities to wear a mask, so kindly remember to wear yours. If you do not have one upon arrival, you will be provided with a disposable mask.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com .
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com .