Manages inventory control functions to meet financial and business objectives. Leads an integrated planning and execution team to improve fill rate, forecasts, lead times, on-time deliveries, and customer service levels.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manages and oversees an inventory control team; including fulfillment, replenishment, inventory transfer activity, aged inventory reduction, and inventory turns.
- Leads efforts to identify and prioritize root causes of excess inventory.
- Drives corrective actions and control mechanisms across cross-functional teams.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with various departments to align inventory system controls with business objectives.
- Collaborates and strengthens relationships with vendors to improve inbound performance.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and feedback to inventory analysts and delivers opportunities for career growth and development.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally, 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.