Assists distribution center and operations managers in the coordination, facilitation, development, implementation, and maintenance of safety programs and initiatives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides safety training to associates and training exception reports to managers.
- Performs or delegates all safety tasks assigned by the environmental health and safety team on a weekly basis.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings, ensures safety committee positions are filled, and makes sure all tasks assigned to the safety committee are completed in a timely manner.
- Serves as the designated environmental associate. Ensures all hazardous materials and waste are stored, inspected, and shipped within company guidelines.
- Provides training to associates on lift equipment.
- Assists management, property services, and fleet in the repair, replacement, and removal of equipment.
- Helps management stay compliant with all business standard operating procedures.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate to heavy weight (8-40 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.