HD Supply, a Home Depot Depot company, is seeking a Senior Director of Distribution Operations for the entire Western Region. This position will be domiciled in Los Angeles or Bay Area, CA. Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain Fulfillment, you will be responsible for 27 DCs across 7 states, 1300+ employees. Within your scope is full P&L and talent development, and you will collaborate with Finance, Merchandizing, Asset Protection and Legal. You will have 2 Regional Directors and 2 Regional Transportation Managers reporting into you.
- 9+ years of experience as a leader in a high-volume distribution environment.
- 3+ years as a Director, leading other senior leaders.
- Prior division level P&L responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation.
- History of success driving performance and meeting customer's expectations.
- Associate focused, we're non-union!
- Community focused leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 50% overnight.
Perks of Joining HD Supply:
- Monday - Friday - no weekends!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- 401K match!
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Attractive Annual Bonus and Equity Package.
Responsible for directing and coordinating daily activities of two or more business operations. Participate in developing and implementing policies and procedures. Prepare financial and/or operational analyses and reports. Audit current procedures to improve efficiency of operations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Nature and Scope
- Problems are complex and may be defined by higher level leadership. Solutions require high strategic level analysis and investigation.
- Drives strategy and methodology and serves as the subject-matter expert for policies and practices. Decides how to achieve planned results within an organization's plans, policies, and guidelines.
- Manages via multiple layers OR directly supervises a staff of professional individual contributors at the senior or technical advisor level. Directs budgetary responsibility at the enterprise level or for two or more businesses across the enterprise.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 9+ years of experience in a related field, including several years in a management/supervisory capacity.
For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.