HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is looking for strong leaders. Join our leadership team and help to build our 'One Team' culture in our Northlake, IL facility! We're seeking a hands-on Assistant Distribution Center Manager to directly manage approximately 2-3 leads and 20-30 associates in the 9:30 AM Outbound shift, M-F. You will be responsible for selecting, coaching and developing our warehouse associates.
- BS/BA degree is a plus, but not required.
- 4+ years' experience in a distribution operations role in a high volume DC.
- 2+ years supervisory experience of leads and 10+ associates.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Strong team building and associate engagement skills.
- Outbound, case pick, shipping dock experience.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- Warehouse equipment to include forklift, pallet jacks, order picker, pick to voice, conveyor.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
- Flexibility to work various hours.
Perks for our HD Supply Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility.
Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment standards, and operational goals are attained.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution operations.
- Designs, develops and manages the distribution department budget.
- Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives.
- Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and return on investment.
- Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.