Join our leadership team and help drive the continued growth of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance! Reporting to a DC Manager, you will lead, coach and develop 3 driver leads and team of 45+ dedicated fleet Drivers. You will create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time delivery and ensure the continued safety performance. You will start your day as early as 6:00 am with flexibility to meet the business needs.
- Bachelor's degree not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Descartes or similar transportation software experience.
- DriveCam or similar in-cab video.
- Fleet management and asset management experience is a plus.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Monday - Friday - no weekends!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations planning, financial management, operational reporting and communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement, compliance, and inventory management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to support operating plan and provide cost justification for departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and implements process improvement action plans within the department. Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes, asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.