Our client Performance Team a Maersk Company, is a progressive growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated Logistics provider. With an extensive prestigious list of mass retail, apparel, e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500 companies. Performance Team/ Maersk has established an aggressive strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share.
Manages multiple large scale operations and all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Summary: This position is highly visible and plays an integral role on our operations team. Directs and oversees operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions of the Transportation / Distribution facility while maintaining effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations. Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains logistics operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs, and image.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provides guidance to the development of a logistics process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Coordinates logistics activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of operational expenses.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, logistics, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Distribution focus: oversight of shipping/receiving, picking/packing, and inventory
- Experienced in rapid carton throughput – import deconsolidation/domestic consolidation
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating, palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Domestic pickup and delivery functions
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Performs managerial functions, such as, mentoring, coaching, administering performance reviews, conducting disciplinary actions, and interviewing employment candidates
- Engage with staff to develop talent and encourage leadership growth amongst employees
- Drive a high-performance culture characterized by an empowered, highly engaged team
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Supervises up to 6 direct reports with 300 indirect reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 7 to 15 years of experience in a fast paced warehousing environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing growing warehousing operations.
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers or lines of business helpful.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased customer contracts.
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators throughout operations and holding management and employees accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement models.
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation management systems (WMS/TMS).
- Experience working with remote headquarters and functional resources, ability to build effective relationships, solve problems, and get things done.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team culture.
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.