Pilot has the best employees in the transportation and logistics industry!
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining and closing new business; arrange business development meetings with existing and prospective clients
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products and services offered, and remain up-to-date on industry related news
- Interact regularly with local management and develop close and cooperative working relationships with operations staff to ensure customer needs are being met
- Develop a growth strategy and set quotas focused both on financial gain and profitability to meet ambitious revenue targets
- Follow-up with new clients and operations to ensure a seamless implementation when onboarding new clients
- Perform market research to continually identify new pipeline opportunities; presenting and demonstrating the value of products and services to prospective buyers
- Utilizing Salesforce or current CRM program to build a customer database of key information; build and maintain active pipeline; measure KPIs; identify trends to improve win probability and forecasting accuracy
- Exceed all assigned revenue goals and corporate pricing objectives: Work with management on any clients that require yield improvement within customer base
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have experience in Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain or Freight Forwarding Sales
- Ability to build a rapport with clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include ability to develop and propose supply chain solutions
Base Salary $75K (negotiable depending on years of experience) + Commission
Additional Job Details :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Must have proven sales track record in transportation and logistics
- At least 4 years in sales or management role
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
- If applicable
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. For the warehouse locations, employees may be exposed to ambient weather conditions.
If you are interested in working with a talented, passionate and dedicated team of professionals in a rapidly growing industry, Pilot wants to hear from you!
Effective August 18, 2021 Pilot will be mandating that all new hires are vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before starting work at any of our locations.
Our definition of fully vaccinated for purposes of new hire is as follows:
In compliance with CDC guidelines, individuals will be considered fully vaccinated and eligible to begin work as follows: