We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Position Summary: Perform a variety of somewhat repetitive duties, primarily associated with staging work for production lines, storing and moving of materials to and from machines, and recording appropriate transactions in SAP to match physical product movement on the floor.
Essential Job Duties:
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures. Engaging with leadership on improving safety performance within the department.
- Stage materials for production orders in front of production lines according to the schedule for the department.
- Request materials from the warehouse for upcoming production orders
- Obtain material and supplies for assembly / fabrication processes and keep records and counts of material. Check and verify inventory availability in SAP. Direct the return of excess material to the warehouse as orders are complete.
- Ensure transactions are completed to mirror location of inventory within the plant physically and in SAP.
- Weigh, issue, confirm, tag, and deliver materials or parts to various plant locations or machining operations as directed. Pack, stack, and band for shipment as required; lift, move, and store material from finished operations.
- Perform daily safety checks, and preventive maintenance on forklift such as checking tires, oil, battery, water, and gas.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain tools and equipment in proper manner.
- Must be able to operate specific equipment. Must assist in other areas of the department when material movement and other duties are caught up.
- Housekeeping responsibilities: Clean up oil spills, assist operators by replacing oil and water barrels, emptying trash bins, and maintaining materials in a neat and orderly manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.