Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Primary Responsibility: Responsible for supporting the direction, coordination, and evaluation of product movement and customer service. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems by performing the duties through subordinate supervisors. Essential Functions: • Ensure budgeted revenues, expenses, and targets are met. • Ensure sales and business development initiatives are met. • Monitor, document and improve the procedures and KPI's related to all aspects of product handling and customer service. • Work with General Manager to develop annual facility budgets. • Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance with food safety and occupational safety laws and guidelines are followed.
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience: • 5 years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Ability to manage supervisors and employees. • Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
What Could Set You Apart
- Experience managing profitability; proven financial and business acumen
- Experience working in a temperature controlled warehouse environment
- 5-8 years in warehousing and/or logistics management
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) preferred
- 5-8 years of experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.