Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Sale Representative is responsible for growing the sales targets/business for Bearing Inspection Inc. This position will sell and support bearing repair and overhaul products/services in the assigned geographic sales territory with targeted 8 - 10% annual sales growth.
Specifically, responsibilities will include generating sales within the identified territory, providing personalized, face-to-face sales service for product offerings to existing accounts and on-going prospecting to generate new sales opportunities. His or her position will be the primary sales contact point for their respective customers within an assigned group or region. Up to 10 -15% travel will be required.
Successful candidate will also have the responsibility to manage repair orders for their customers.
- Work with the Sales, Product/Sales Mgmt. and Production organizations to achieve growth targets for sales and profitability of existing and new market segment accounts. Participate in the business planning and forecasting process.
- Manage assigned customer base or territory, act as the primary point of contact; develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customer base to exceed sales and service expectations. Make target number of customer calls, targeting minimum 20% of working week engaged in face-to-face activities with existing and new customers.
- Participate in customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing, and new business attainment. Actively gather and submit customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- Deliver high-impact customer presentations that focus on Bearing Inspection Repair capabilities and solutions and value proposition.
- Influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products, and services.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Submit ideas for improvements to existing, and development of new product and service offerings. Conduct industry research to identify trends. Evaluate competitors' products and selling/market strategy.
- Gather, analyze and integrate competitive information, market place changes, and provide basis for action. Be the eyes and ears of the company in relation to the customers and markets.
- Min. Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, Engineering or related
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including effective documentation and follow-up
- Strong written communication skills and ability to present in mid-to-small groups
- Experience with direct customer contact
- 1 - 3 years selling experience
- Well organized, able to multi-task, effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Negotiation skills
- Experience with using integrated software systems and with Excel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.