Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Sr. SC CI Analyst's goal is to develop future supply chain leadership opportunities through Lean training, detailed data analysis, and by responsibly managing end-to-end sustainable improvement projects. Ideal candidates for the Sr. SC CI Analyst are highly motivated to learn complex supply chains, drive cost and/or efficiency improvements, and gain alignment with cross-functional teams.
Potential projects can come from the following functional areas: Demand/Supply/Inventory Planning, Order-to-Cash, Distribution, Logistics, Automation, and Master Data Management.
Projects may be brand new solutions or iterative improvements to existing processes; they may fall under Engineered Bearings or Industrial Motion businesses. Successful projects provide measurable improvements for stakeholders and are handed-off to the business with a documented and sustainable control plan.
- Provide analytical and project management skills to lead and implement Supply Chain Continuous Improvement projects.
- Conduct high quality analysis of supply chain operations and problems to identify continuous improvement initiatives. This includes analyzing the relationships between demand variability, service aspirations, inventory investment, supply operating fundamentals (lead time, lot size, etc.), and current business policies.
- Provide detailed analysis of complex processes to identify solutions to problems while implementing improvements in and across the supply chain. Proposes solutions based on objective analysis.
- Successful implementation of solutions and change projects as measured by improvements in customer service, inventory, demand variability or cost.
- Presents regular project updates to Supply Chain leadership. Clearly and simply communicates complex findings to project stakeholders.
- Develop strong troubleshooting toolset
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong learning agility
- Process analysis experience
- Problem solving knowledge
- Team skills and demonstrated experience collaborating across groups and job functions
- Project management experience
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum - Bachelor's Degree in technical and/or business field (Engineering, IT, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Analytics, Business, etc.) with 5+ years related experience
- Preferred - Master's degree in technical and/or business field (Engineering, IT, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Analytics, Business, etc.) with 3+ years related experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.