Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Pay starts at $32/hour
- 2nd Shift, Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 15 days PTO over the course of your first year (if applicable)
- 10 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you will do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts, and trailing equipment, in compliance with the manufacturers and company schedules
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Conduct safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you will need:
- 1 year of experience in general heavy truck repair, automotive repair, or equipment repair; equivalent trade school/technical school time may be applied toward this requirement
- Your own technician hand tools required for tractor/trailer and forklift repairs and maintenance
- A valid driver's license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, and weekends
It would be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Basic computer skills
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC and MIG
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery or in various locations that may be outside
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.