Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Together, We'll Keep the World Moving Forward. Not everyone knows what Timken makes. But you'll recognize what we make possible. Timken engineers solutions that keep the world moving by offering products and services to keep the world's equipment, machinery and vehicles in motion. Everywhere from NASCAR® to NASA.
CNC Machine Operator Job Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Select and Change arbors, fixtures, inserts and tooling.
- Program computer for O.D. and I.D. size, facing, chamfering, grooving, drilling or other machining requirements.
- Run 1st piece part, make necessary adjustments to attain quality characteristics per print specifications and complete necessary paperwork to attain a set-up approval.
- Load parts, cycle machine, check parts at designated intervals and make necessary adjustments to maintain quality characteristics of part per print specifications throughout machining operations.
- Package and tag parts, complete all required paperwork including SPC charting.
- Move parts to and from work area and scale as needed. Wash parts before running as needed.
- Maintain all machine fluid levels
- Sign out all necessary gauging equipment from Q.A. and set gauges per print specifications
- Surface grind and/or bench grind tooling and inserts as needed.
CNC Machine Operator Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (validation is required)
- Demonstrated mathematical skills relating to addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole numbers including decimals, and conversion of metrics
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and experience various gauging equipment, micrometers, O.D. & I.D. calipers, optical comparator
- Experience with various CNC machines, computer for program generation, Hardinge lathe, surface grinders, bench grinders, fixed gauges, plug gauges
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Strong safety mindset - Daily participation in individual and team safety responsibilities such as the Precautionary Based Safety (PBS) Observations program, good housekeeping practices, proper chemical labeling, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
CNC Machine Operator Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.