Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The Senior Financial Analyst - Industrial Motion will be exposed to major FP&A processes and functions for The Timken Company as well as exposure to entity reporting and control frameworks related to Global Consolidations and Accounting. This position provides strategic support to senior management including preparing presentations, analytics and other financial projects. This is a key role in maintaining and improving current processes for Industrial Motion related to global annual business planning, forecasting, variance analysis and value based decision making. The Senior Financial Analyst is also seen as a subject matter expert in elements of the forecast and reporting as well as specific systems and works directly with the businesses to ensure timely and accurate reporting. The Senior Financial Analyst - Industrial Motion reports to the Controller - Industrial Motion.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of S&A, Capital Planning/reporting and cash flow
- Prepare quarterly and monthly financial reporting and analysis for senior management
- Consolidate and analyze monthly financial forecasts and annual budgets
- Assist in the development of financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Interface with various Industrial Motion business controllers and their teams around the world to ensure accurate reporting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Conduct Forecast Reviews of Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, S&A and Capital Reporting recommending adjustments to align the forecast
- Provide other ad hoc reporting and analysis as necessary to support the organization - Assist MPT business controllers with reporting gaps and training
- Assist with SAP system implementations
- Strong analytical skills for variance/root cause analysis
- Strong communications and team skills
- General business understanding
- OneStream expertise (preferred)
- SAP and Business Intelligence expertise (preferred)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Minimum: Bachelor of Accounting or Finance
- Preferred: Master of Accounting or Finance
Previous Job Experiences
- With Bachelor's 2 years minimum Relevant FP&A experience. Experience with a global manufacturing company is preferred.
- With Master's 1 year minimum Relevant FP&A experience. Experience with a global manufacturing company is preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.