Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: Perform diversified operations on numerical control machining centers. Perform a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related production operations as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interpret complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Perform diversified operations on numerical control machining centers. Perform a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Review set-up sheets and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Select and install cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine.
- Manipulate controls and enter commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observe and listen to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Change cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Perform a variety of inspection and gauging operations to ensure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Must maintain continuous focus, as set-ups require very tight tolerances to ensure proper set-up.
- Measure work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Utilize override control to correct conditions that are out of tolerance or operating unusually. Notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Perform system transactions to allocate raw material to work orders.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts, and perform machine maintenance.
- Position will have training responsibilities.
- Other production/operations duties will be assigned on an as needed basis.
Minimum Requirements: 2 + years ofCNC experience required. 2+ years of Manufacturing experience desired.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
Company Information: The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.