Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Responsible for screening work orders, identification of scope, analysis of required level of planning and overall scheduling of maintenance activities given available resources, criticality of work, and available maintenance opportunities for automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) equipment in a cold storage warehouse environment.
• Identify and document job requirements as well as safety hazardous associated with planned maintenance activities
• Estimate required work hours associated with work order tasks and total work duration
• Plan parts and materials for reliability improvement projects in order to maximize technician wrench time, improve efficiency, increase system reliability and performance
• MRO Storeroom Management using SAP EAM including inventory replenishment, cycle counting, Inventory reconciliation.
• Ensure all work orders and maintenance activities are derived from EAM SAP and accurately closed out in the system in accordance with Americold's maintenance process
• Compile equipment information into a job package that is ready for technicians to accomplish each shift; clearly communicate the critical steps in the work process
• Collect necessary engineering drawings, technical documents and specifications
• Develop and manage performance metrics with regards to maintenance planning, execution, and MRO spare parts inventory.
• Develop and manage a warranty process that will lower the cost of maintenance.
• Drive a proactive maintenance program that ensure 85% of planned work is proactive
• Partner with local Reliability Maintenance and Engineering leadership groups to coordinate maintenance activities in support of driving a World Class Maintenance organization
• Own and regularly respond with subject matter expertise to maintenance/equipment related questions, own access to and distribution of OEM technical bulletin updates, and facilitate strong communication with OEM vendors
• Communicates with Maintenance Managers, Technicians and Control Systems Technicians regarding ideas and procedures that will enhance and optimize future work activities
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited university (preferred)
• Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (preferred)
• Certified on infrared thermal imaging, ultrasound, and other predictive technologies (preferred)
• 5+ years of experience as a maintenance planner/scheduler working within an industrial maintenance complex, manufacturing/distribution industries, or related field
• Hands-on experience in automation material handling systems installation, operation and maintenance
• Subject matter expert (SME) level knowledge of CMMS use (preferably SAP EAM)
• Functional maintenance experience in a reliability centered maintenance environment
• Extensive technical knowledge of automated MHS, industrial mechanical and electrical systems and automation, controls, and robotics systems
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in cold conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work at high elevations using fall protection.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.