Are you interested in becoming a DISPATCHER? Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love! Become a Dispatcher with First Transit!
*$3,000 Sign-On Bonus*
First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs .
Provide positive and professional support to vehicle operators for both Paratransit and Fixed Route and other departments to maximize professionalism, enhance customer service, improve on-time performance, ensure safety and exceed customer expectations. Under general direction ensure that all shifts are covered and service is provided in a manner consistent with the schedule and appropriate policies.
Our Dispatchers Will Enjoy:
- $19.24/ HR
- $3,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Team-oriented Environment
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
Our Dispatchers are responsible for:
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Provides customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips.
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service
- Must acquire, through in-house training, proficient knowledge of Trapeze Pass Version 12 and any other required software.
- Assist drivers to ensure success.
- Actively participate in all Safety Programs and work with drivers to ensure Safety Performance is primary focus. Do not accept unsafe acts and document any such acts that you witness.
- Complete and conduct all communications in a respectful and professional manner.
- Complete filing, data input, data collection and paperwork properly and in a timely fashion as required.
- Maintain an outstanding attendance record and promote teamwork through a dynamic, positive and proactive approach to your job. Take any necessary steps to ensure that contractual requirements are met.
- Must have flexible hours and be able to work any day any shift as assigned including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holiday's.
- Monitor driver report status and ensure that all routes are covered for day of service. Check driver's in and out of service using positive check-in procedure to ensure operators are fit for duty.
- Maintain professionalism with all staff and members of the public at all times.
To qualify as a Dispatcher, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree preferred.
- Must obtain Class B CDL with required endorsements and special certificates.
- Must satisfactorily complete all driver training components.
- Ability to work on the computer, phones and radio
- Must have complex analytical skills and ability to work on complex computer software.
- 100% of day is spent on the phone, two-way radio and computer
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering- That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.