Oversees, maintains, and performs limited non-skilled repairs on equipment as well as other facility structures in a complex warehouse environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs general non-skilled building maintenance tasks including painting, plumbing, electrical lighting, HVAC, concrete floor maintenance, MHE maintenance or repairs, and warehouse housekeeping functions.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians with limited repair tasks.
- Performs limited preventative maintenance inspections on assigned warehouse equipment assets and buildings.
- Provides equipment status report as well as opening and closing maintenance work orders.
- Provides parts inventory management and reports maintenance problems.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment while performing daily cleanup of work areas.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally, 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.