Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The Production Control Coordinator is responsible for releasing work to the floor as needed to adhere to the production schedule. This position will ensure proper material coordination both on their department floor and in SAP.
Essential Job Duties:
- Support assigned department in the execution of the daily schedule
- Release work to department as scheduled by the scheduling team
- Collaborate daily with operations leadership to optimize labor and machine capacity
- Coordinate material movement to and from work centers in a timely fashion
- Responsible for all Production Order related transactions (in SAP)
- Issuing components, real-time confirmations, material transfers, closing work orders, etc.
- Control inventory in & out of departments
- Supports operations team as an expert on inventory transactions
- Communicate and coordinate necessary actions for expedites and component shortages
- Support development and adherence to standard work for assigned responsibilities
- Interpersonal Skills that support a team/collaborative environment
- Effective Communication Skills when dealing with team members on the shop floor, planning team, Supply management team, and potentially manufacturing engineering.
- Computer application / program skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) -experience in Excel Macro writing/editing preferred
- SAP - experience in PP, SD, MM, IM, and/or WM
- Project Management Skills
- Time Management Skills Analytical Skills
- Ability to be decisive and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
- Strategic/critical thinking in material flow and execution
Education and/or Experience: H.S Degree or GED required. Applicable experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.