Manufacturing Technician 1
Your Role: Our Manufacturing team is the heart of our Prosper Technologies family of companies. As a Manufacturing Tech I of water treatment systems at Prosper Industries, you'll be a key part of a diverse workforce and assure that Prosper's products are of consistent and high quality. By joining the Prosper Industries manufacturing team at our new facility in Miami, you'll have the opportunity to establish your place in our Manufacturing team with room to advance your position within the company as we expand our manufacturing capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that takes pride in being a source of opportunity to a diverse workforce.
This is a hands-on position in manufacturing and fabrication in our new Miami manufacturing facility where you'll be a vital part of the team's execution of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) activities on the manufacturing floor. You'll perform functions associated with GMP manufacturing operations within multi-suite production facility that will utilize your unique skills, while also providing the opportunity to expand your skillset and advance your career.
Join our exciting and fun team, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is as important to us as our team members are.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements/Education:
- High School Graduate
- Two Year Technical Degree preferred
- Driver's License
- Experience in production-related work
- Eligible to work in the United States without a visa sponsorship.
- Be 18 years or older
- 0-5 years, entry level or preferably experience in Mechanical Manufacturing or related industry.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to participate in multifunctional teams.
- Punctual, self-starter, dependable and detail oriented.
- Knowledge and experience working with machinery, tooling, and assemble of water systems preferred.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Accuracy, a detail orientation, initiative to multi-task with deadlines, flexible can-do attitude, and ability to adjust workload to meet varying schedules.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 75lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Independently execute manufacturing or manufacturing-support processes according to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for supporting an uninterrupted inventory supply, as needed to support Prosper Technologies customers.
- Accountable for the timely packing and shipping of materials to meet Customer requirements as well as local, state, federal, and international requirements.
- Expected to follow all appropriate GMPs, SOPs, Safety procedures and Company Policies while ensuring the safe use and proper care of company equipment.
- Retrieve and follow detailed process and manufacturing procedures on assembly manuals.
- Accurately complete documentation in SOP's, logbooks and other GMP documents.
- Maintain equipment and instruments.
- Demonstrate training progression through assigned curriculum.
- Be accountable for maintaining a working knowledge of basic GMP requirements to ensure adherence to compliance policies and regulations.
- Wear the appropriate PPE when working in manufacturing and other hazardous working environments.
- Proactively maintain a clean and safe work environment, take necessary action to eliminate safety hazards, and communicate to others any observed unsafe behaviors.
- Operating equipment and technology tools throughout the facility which may include electric saws, fabricator tools, mills, grinders, packing, weighing, palletizers, etc.
- Support schedule adjustments to meet production, material receipt, and shipping requirements; Review visual schedule.
- Support materials management from goods receipt and labeling, through to final delivery of all Raw Materials, Operating and Non-Operating Supplies.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Constantly move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Specific abilities required by the job include positioning oneself to lift or move objects weighing to 75 pounds, pushing and pulling objects with up to 200 pounds. Constant movement and use of limbs. Specific abilities required by this job include prolonged standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and frequently pinching and/or gripping.
- Frequently observe, detect, discern, and convey information. Specific abilities required by this job include near, far and color vision acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires good manual dexterity and coordination, and stamina.
About Prosper Industries: Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Working at Prosper Industries is an opportunity to thrive and a place to develop your career to the fullest, while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe.
Prosper Industries is the manufacturing division of Prosper Technologies. Prosper Technologies is a vertically integrated Nanotechnology company that owns an intellectual property portfolio of several Gas Infusion patents. Our Gas Infusion technology has been producing market solutions in several industries for over a decade. The following examples are some of the applications that we have developed and commercialized; the treatment of wastewater and drinking water, groundwater remediation, improved growth of plants and reduced water usage in agriculture, improved growth of fish species in aquaculture, water treatment in marine and industrial environments, and improvements in food and beverage production processes.
Prosper's mission is to scale our technology into large impactful industries such as agriculture, wastewater treatment, industrial water treatment, food production, and consumer goods to improve the lives of millions of people by providing them with clean drinking water, proper sanitation, and a stable source of food.