This position is for local residents only.
Senior Warehouse Supervisor
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE:
The Senior Warehouse Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the involvement of assisting with administering facility operation policies, programs and practices, to include planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and assemble information relating to the daily activities of the warehouse.
- Continually receive and upgrade information to accommodate priority changes and have labor and equipment adjusted accordingly.
- Coordinate and work with Customer Service Department daily to ensure effective scheduling of operations warehouse personnel.
- Meet with Operations Manager and Business Unit Manager on a regular basis to discuss new concepts and ideas for the division.
- Monitor the daily job performance of operations warehouse staff to assure a high quality of customer service using the division's set procedures.
- Arrange and monitor all repairs of rolling stock, equipment and buildings when needed. Coordinate with Operations Manager prior to using an outside vendor.
- Control operations warehouse staff to achieve our labor cost goal.
- Through preventative measures and crew training, keep operational costs at acceptable levels.
- Control warehouse supplies and inventory.
- Monitor security activities and review the daily check point scans conducted by security. Conduct a daily walk around the division's fence parameters for any observation of fence opening breach.
- Prior to securing the facility for the end of the day walk the warehouse and docks area to make sure garbage and debris is picked up, neat and tidy condition, and proper equipment has been returned to its proper storage place within the facility.
- Ensure all warehouse personnel adhere to break policies, smoke only in designated smoking areas, and do not exceed the time allowed for breaks without advance authorization.
- Ensure all warehouse personnel are not taking cell equipment or keys with them home.
- Direct and train operations personnel in the proper handling of merchandise in the care and custody of all departments.
- Establish and maintain a production report that will determine if the operations personnel are being used to the maximum capability, i.e., creating warehouse metrics.
- Establish on-going training program to ensure that personnel are knowledgeable on proper documentation control and follow-up to verify that all procedures are being followed.
- Establish the schedule of hours and shifts to be worked for all operations personnel.
- Follow-up with supervisors and leads to ensure that all operations personnel are being utilized effectively on a daily basis to justify overtime and hours worked.
- Regulate labor to meet customer needs and expectations. Control labor to meet profitability goals.
- Schedule regular equipment maintenance through internal or outside service.
- In conjunction with the Business Unit Manager and Operations Manager, investigate in detail – to include assist in determining the claim root cause and corrective action.
- Use corporate procedures for documenting and reporting cargo claims and follow-up to verify adherence. This should include a training program for operations personnel.
- Initiate reports related to industrial or vehicular accidents, or handling accidents resulting in product damage.
- Avoid claims at all times.
- Execute and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and continually update a policy and procedure manual for operations functions specific to our facility.
- Apply management principals of planning, controlling and supervision to achieve the established goals for this division.
- Be fair and honest with customers and maintain a high standard of business ethics and practices. Know and completely understand customer requirements.
- Ensure that all customers are satisfied with services and avoid disputes with a customer. Resolve all situations with customers in a professional manner.
- Be proactive with customer communication.
- Be knowledgeable and in compliance with all applicable EPA and OSHA regulations and any other government requirements.
- Ensure that all terminal personnel follow set Safety guidelines and procedures.
- Monitor Workers Compensation claims to determine cause, establish preventive measures, follow established reporting procedures, and achieve goal of zero lost time due to work related injuries.
- Conduct and schedule Safety Meetings on a consistent basis. Monitor, update, and coordinate Safety Programs with Operations.
- Maintain all equipment in a safe and presentable manner and report daily equipment inspections.
- Establish a facility-cleaning program and maintain high standards of appearance and safe working conditions.
- Ensure that all personnel assigned to operate/drive equipment are trained/certified to do so, prior to assignment of those duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to communicate both written and verbally in the English language.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills, computer skills / Excel & Word.
- Ability to communicate to subordinates both verbally and in writing policies, rules, and procedures that dock personnel must be aware of.
- Must be certified to operate all machinery
- CPR/First Aid Certified
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience of direct involvement in warehousing, transportation, and/or logistics fields.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.