As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Performs preventive maintenance and major repairs on diesel powered highway equipment, trailers and trailer cooling units. Practices 200% safety for self and others.l
What You'll be Doing:
- Perform all major repairs to diesel powered highway equipment.
- Repair all air brake systems.
- Repair and maintain trailer/van body and mechanical systems.
- Repair of truck and trailer cooling units.
- Perform all major repairs requiring gas and arc welding.
- Other duties as required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High School diploma.
- Fleet maintenance field experience for 2 years with major repairs of diesel powered highway equipment.
- Fleet maintenance experience on air brakes for 4 years.
- Gasoline-powered highway fleet - 1 year experience.
- Trailer and van body and mechanical repairs - 1 year experience.
- Cooling unit repair (Thermoking and/or Carrier) - 6 months experience.
- Gas and arc welding training course with satisfactory completion.
- Note that formal schooling may be counted to satisfy up to 2 years of the fleet maintenance experience requirement; and up to 50% of the other category requirements.